Dr. Jean E. (Jeanne) Griffin is a part-time therapist at New Horizons Counseling Center . She joined this practice early in 2010 because she shared the vision of Rhonda Kildea , founder of the practice. Jeanne is a fully licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor. She has a Doctorate in Counseling and Educational Psychology from the University ofNevada at Reno . Like Rhonda, founder of New Horizons Counseling Center , she specializes in working with individuals suffering from eating disorders. She is working toward certification in treating these individuals. She has worked in private practice as a therapist for most of the time since she graduated in 1990 in Las Vegas, Reno, and Texas . She has also been a therapist for Remuda Ranch Centers for Anorexia and Bulimia and Rosewood Ranch Center for Eating Disorders. In addition to her therapy experiences over the past 20 years, she has taught counseling at the Master’s Degree level for nearly 10 years. She has worked full time as a therapist in a dual diagnosis program (mental health diagnosis in addition to a substance use issue) for almost 3 years.
At the Center, Jeanne works with individuals and families on depression; women’s issues; eating disorders; anxiety and trauma. She also works with bereavement and pet bereavement.
She takes some insurances.
Degrees and Licenses and Designations:
- MA in Counseling and Educational Psychology from University of Nevada , Reno , 1990
- EDD in Counseling and Educational Psychology from University of Nevada , Reno , 1993.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist by the State of Nevada Board of Marriage and Family Therapist Examiners (License Number: 0588)
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor by the State of Nevada Board of Examiners of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (License Number: 284)
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- LADC Approved Supervisor
- Advanced Bereavement Facilitator Certification
- EMDR Part 1 and 2 Trained